The new 520-seat Glenn Massay Theater, located on the University of Alaska's Mat-Su College campus, is able to host a variety of events including plays, musicals, lectures, conferences, concerts, competitions, festivals, benefits, recitals, movie screenings, receptions, and more. The mission of the theater is to provide a state-of-the-art facility for the MSC campus and the Mat-Su Valley community to present their ideas and creative endeavors to the public. It is a venue of education and entertainment that can help to strengthen, engage, empower the community.
The facility includes a beautiful lobby with a ticket-concession booth, coat storage, large bathrooms, and the staff offices. We have 12 folding tables and 80 folding chairs available for all of your lobby needs. Backstage we have a scene shop and costume shop for creating incredible productions as well as providing for the needs of conferences and events. There are two large dressing rooms as well as a private dressing room and the green room for relaxing while you’re not on stage. The stage is setup for all event needs, including a Presenter's Podium, Blu-Ray/DVD player, and external laptop connection capabilities, we also have:
- State-of-the-art, color-changing LED lighting system with intelligent fixtures and atmospherics available.
- Meyer Constellation Acoustical Enhancement System
- Midas Pro 2 sound board and an array of microphones to fit every situation, including a full orchestra setup with 80 posture chairs, music stands, and LED clip lights available.
- 14k lumen projection system and a 17’ x 30’ projection screen.
- 41 lineset single-purchase fly system:
- Main Drape
- Mid-Stage and Upstage Travelers
- 4 sets of Legs and Borders
- 4 Dedicated Electrics